A number organizations pursues projects that produce unsatisfactory results due to poor feasibility analysis before decisions are made. There is irrevocable evidence that project success is much more likely to be achieved in cases where intensive feasibility study has been carried out. The designed training intends to introduce the best practice in carrying out feasibility study and viability analysis in projects to demonstrate how the effective application of this analysis in all dimensions of designed undertakings can result into realization of the intended project goals in diverse micro-environmental dynamics.
1. Prepare and analyze feasibility studies models for improving plans and projections
2. Identify crucial opinions and effectively explore the various assumptions underlying the plans
3. Present ideas in a simple, effective, convincing and objective manner.
4. Develop and use the feasibility study models before making major decision.
5. Analyze cost-benefit of the projects’ viability indicators using financial and economic models
6. Define outcomes that will be monitored and measured under differed business / project dynamics
7. Integrate each feasibility study with the overall strategic plan
Feasibility Analysis training is suitable for a wide range of stakeholders with business, strategic and project management assignments, including: project sponsors; project managers; trainers or individuals preparing, writing and analyzing feasibility studies; business process designers and systems analysts; change management specialists; bank and other financial institutional officials involved in approving loans for projects; and, any other project management practitioner entrusted to supervise public and private projects.
1. Introduction, Scope and Basic Concepts in Feasibility Study.
2. Viability and their influencing Variables.
3. Feasibility study frameworks analysis
4. Systems situations and risks analyses in diverse macro-environmental dynamics
5. Feasibility study data sources and cleaning techniques
6. Projects feasibility study dimensions (Operational; Technical; Schedule; and, Economic) and analysis
7. Viability analysis and project selection criteria (cost-benefit analysis with; pay back method; cash-flow; ROI; Discounting Method; IRR; NPV etc.) with case studies