Build an understanding of the key concepts, and potential of Big Data implementation
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL Insights modules combine cutting-edge e-learning with a brief certification test to demonstrate your mastery of the relevant concepts and good practice.
- ICDL Insights modules can be coupled with more comprehensive, skills-focused modules to build a profile of skills, knowledge, and competences that are relevant to your career.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor- independent so that skills, knowledge, and competence are transferable.
The Big Data module consists of e-learning followed by a brief certification test. Together, these components deliver a short, focused professional development solution. On completion, candidates will be able to:
- understand the term big data and its evolution, and recognise drivers behind its expansion
- recognise key aspects of big data relating to storage technologies, analysis, and visualisation
- recognise examples of big data implementation in a range of sectors
- identify considerations for adoption of big data, including investment, practical challenges, business potential, and ethical issues
- recognise steps for exploiting big data in a specific scenario or situation
|What is big data?||
|The big data environment||
|Big data in practice||
|Big data adoption||
- Category Insights